Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Persepolis

I really liked this one. I found it really interesting that the author Marjane Satrapi, is very proud and comfortable sharing about her tragic life and the terrible things she had experienced, watching her family die, and people being tortured. To me thats terrifying and the fact that she shared it with us, very proudly is very interesting to me.

The story itself was brilliant and really hit home for with a reality that still goes on today. I dove right into the story and couldn't stop reading. This is definitely a graphic narrative that could easily be converted into a movie and be very successful.

One of the things the novel left me thinking about was an idea that terrifies me is that children can easily adapt to their surroundings, no matter how terrible they are. Simply because they have no idea how things would be without.

No comments:

Post a Comment