Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Art Spiegelman's: MAUS

This really hit home for me. My grandparents are both Holocaust survivors and after growing up listening to their stories and visiting Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Memorial in Jerusalem, Israel; Maus had a huge impactfull read for me.

I really liked the illustrations and how Spiegelman used cats and mice to illustrate the Nazis & Jews. Mostly because I hate cats hahaha.

After my grandparents stories and growing up hearing about the Holocaust and studying it in my high school and on my own free time, MAUS provided another enriched experience about how WW2 affected everyone in Europe and the families destroyed.

MAUS is a new favorite literary find of mine and I really want to thank you for making this a mandatory read.

No comments:

Post a Comment